This is my first post using the new Google Recipe Search plugin so if it comes out looking a little different, sorry about that. I’ve been promising this easy beef stroganoff recipe for awhile so I figured now was the best time to add it!
It has been so long since I made this beef stroganoff that I’ve MOVED in the meantime and have no idea where the original ideas came from.
Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe
Summary: A simple, warm stroganoff recipe anyone can make.
- 1 lb beef tips cut small
- 2 tsp soy
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Marinate beef tips in soy for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Microwave mushrooms for 4 minutes. Drain liquid into a bowl and set the mushrooms aside.
- Combine mushroom water, mustard, sugar and pepper. Set that mix aside.
- Remove beef tips from bag and pat dry. Season with pepper, heat oil over medium heat and cook steak until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms and onion to a hot skillet. Season with salt and cook until browned. Add tomato paste and flour. Stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, beef broth, mustard paste and simmer. Reduce to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in meat and all juices.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: German
Name: Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe
Updated on 3/1/11