I thought I should put up one post to let everyone know – I’m suspending blogging on StartingtoCook.
Simply put, I love blogging here but don’t have time to run all of my businesses, get myself moved to Australia, blog here as well as I’d like and the feedback, commenting and ad return so far don’t justify the time I’m putting into the work. So I’m closing the blog for now. I don’t know if or when it will return. It’s been fun food blogging but I need to focus on food shooting and getting moved, visa approved, and my new wedding & portrait business started in Melbourne.
Thanks for reading!
Two things typically eluded me before I starting learning to cook. 1) Quick, tasty meals that didn’t get microwaved or come in cardboard and 2) summer meals that didn’t feel heavy or meaty. I like salads but I can only eat so many salads in one summer.
I don’t remember where I first saw a recipe for tilapia parmesan but at this point I’ve changed it a few times, made it probably 20 times in 15 different ways and have adjusted everything about it so … no link, just recipe and photos today.
Now, I’m all for fresh ingredients. Get some fresh tilapia and do this. However, I’m going to show you in photos a 15 minute meal that doesn’t have to be defrosted. You can have this plate of food in 15 minutes or less. And on those hot summer nights, a light fish, quick rice and veggie can make the perfect meal.
- Tilapia filets (fresh taste slightly better, frozen are more convenient .. both work)
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise per filet
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice per filet
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan per filet
- couple dashes of pepper
- Preheat oven to broil. Move the oven rack near the broiler.
- Lay a sheet of aluminum foil on a cookie tray. Spread the tilapia filets on the foil with the “top” side up.
- Broil the filets for 3 minutes (fresh) or 5 minutes (frozen).
- While the filets broil, mix the mayonnaisse, lemon juice, garlic and pepper together in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove the cookie tray from the oven and carefully flip the filets.
- Broil another 4-6 minutes on the “bottom” side. While they broil heat your vegetables and some 90 second Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice in the microwave.
- Remove the cookie tray from the oven and flip the filets again. Broil until the fish is white and cooked.
- Cover each filet with some of the mayo mixture and top with parmesan.
- Broil until the parmesan is browned and melted.