Simple basil bruschetta
I’m slowly making my way back!! I’ve started shooting and cooking – now I just need time to post! Let’s get started cooking!
This is a very simple and healthy recipe when you just want a quick appetizer or bite of taste. I love making simple bruschetta! Done often, I can get the entire process finished in about 15 minutes. Appetizers in the oven while cooking pasta or a stirfry? Nice!
These bruschetta are both pretty and tasty. My mother had never had bruschetta until I made her some. She loves it! Kids love them (if you can get them to try it the first time – that’s always the secret, right?) Adults love, LOVE them. I’ve actually yet to meet someone who tries my bruschetta and doesn’t love it.
(Sorry no lighting setup photos for awhile – trying to remember to shoot them but failing!)
Simple Basil Bruschetta
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to broil (high).
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and let sit for 5-10 mins.
- Cut the baguette into slices (approx. 3/4-inch thick.) Spray the baguettes VERY lightly with spray butter or lightly butter with spread. Spread the baguettes on a cooking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown on both sides. Remove from oven.
- Divide the tomato mixture over the baguette slices. Top the slices with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top lightly with the basil.
That’s it! It’s so simple! Realistically you could do this in the amount of time it takes the oven to heat, toast and melt cheese. Good luck!
* Now that you’ve made it to the blog, why not bookmark or subscribe so you can find your way back?
Comment via Facebook or reply below
Tagged as: appetizer • baguette • blog • blogger • bread • bruschetta • food blog • food photography • foodie • healthy • ideas • Italian • photo • photography • recipe • simple • Starting to Cook • StC • tomatoes