Walnut Banana Bread
Banana bread is one of my all-time favorite foods. I’ve never made banana bread from scratch before but I’ve made the boxed stuff since I was a kid. Learning how all of these ingredients work together is great! While researching banana bread for the recipe I learned that the baking soda/baking powder had to be in there to make this particular bread rise. I know you pro chefs are thinking “no duh!” but hey, that’s why I’m starting to cook.
* Now that you’ve made it to the blog, why not bookmark or subscribe so you can find your way back?
This is the setup photo for my shoot. I shot this to give you an idea what went into today’s shoot.
Read more to view the recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Blend together flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (it will look dry and chunky).
- Beat the eggs into the butter/sugar mix one at a time until blended.
- Mix in the bananas, walnuts, and milk until combined.
- Add the dry flour blend and mix well.Pour batter into a lightly floured 9 x 5″ loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before removing from the pan.
This recipe contains half the walnuts of many walnut bread recipes so if you want to load it up, use a full cup.