Healthy Yogurt Banana Split
This morning our kids woke up to a banana split with hot fudge for breakfast. Needless to say, they are THRILLED we are doing food photography now. It was chocolatey, fruity and very tasty.
You’ll find that most of what we are doing now is healthy so even though these look like 500 calorie treats they are just 195! This recipe is taken pretty much straight from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook – which I highly recommend!
Trivia: A cluster of bananas is called a hand and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are known as fingers.
Read more to view the recipe after the jump!
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fat-free, sugar free hot fudge
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp Grape Nuts
- 1/4 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
- Heat the hot fudge in the microwave.
- Slice the banana in half and arrange the banana halves in a small dish with the cut sides facing in.
- Spoon the yogurt into the middle of the bananas.
- Top with strawberries then Grape Nuts.
- Drizzle hot fudge over the top and serve.
Yes – it’s that easy! 195 calories, 1g of fat and 5g of protein – you can’t beat that start to your day. Serve your kids banana splits for breakfast – see what they think!
Comment via Facebook or reply below
Tagged as: banana split • Biggest Loser • blog • dessert • food • food photography • healthy • Matt Antonino • photography • recipe • scratch • Starting to Cook • trivia • yogurt