Maine Blueberry Muffins
How about a recipe today? I’d love to, thanks for asking! These are my Maine blueberry muffins. Why Maine? Because this recipe uses real Maine blueberries. You don’t have those? You can substitute the ones your local store has – just don’t expect them to taste like fresh Maine blueberries. *grin*
Two secret ingredients make this recipe rock: lemon juice and cinnamon. These turned out beautifully and even though I’m just “starting to cook” I enjoyed playing with several blueberry muffin recipes to create the best blueberry muffins I’ve eaten. The photos came out *very* well, too, which really made me happy!
Read more will get you to the recipe!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the milk and lemon juice then set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set that aside, too.
- Add the egg and oil to the milk mix and blend it all well.
- Stir in the flour mix until moist throughout.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake at 400 for 22-25 mins.