Gooey double chocolate chip cookies
Even though I once posted my soft gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe on StartingtoCook, I don’t often post cookies. There is a reason for that. My mom is a certified chocoholic. She makes cookies. Not good cookies, not great cookies. She makes fantastic cookies. So if I want a cookie, I want her to make it. I don’t like to compete with fantastic since I’m a somewhat-new cook (but getting better!)
When I found this double chocolate chip cookie recipe, it seemed simple enough. Hoping and praying, I made it.
Some cookies last in this house. Not long, mind you, but they last. At least a moment.
Not these. *scarf* Double chocolate chip cookies barely last long enough to type the words double chocolate chip cookies!
Photos, recipe … you know how these food blog things go.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cocoa (or slightly more)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used chocolate chunks)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla.
- Beat in egg. Add cocoa and milk.
- Combine flour and baking powder; fold into creamed mixture with chocolate chips.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.